Trent Olsen is a UI/UX designer and front-end web developer in Denver, CO. He believes good design will provide a cohesive way to navigate through a web system, thus allowing the user to quickly perform any tasks they may need/want to do.
Methods for doing this include, but not limited to:
- Creating a navigation system that will take the users eye across
a screen in a way that minimizes eye movement but encourages
a natural flow between navigation controls
- Creating useful and meaningful content to avoid clutter
- Adding consistent and predictable user interaction throughout
- Providing prominent visual cues as a starting point on each page
- Categorizing data and content in readable, logical chunks
An interface that understands user needs will function as expected, will gain user trust, and will reflect positively on your organization.